ROBERT BENTLEY HARRISON
South African grilled, Italian wannabe and Amsterdam based art director and designer:
...Welcome to my portfolio of craft!
Sawubona, ciao and hello!
I am Robert Bentley Harrison. Expat, home grown South African, shippd to London, emmergrated to Italy and is now living and working in Amsterdam. Over the past decade and a half I have been working in the advertising industry around the world collaborating with incredibly talented people, combining my skills and creativity to develop, design and craft beautiful award winning work.
I have worked with: ( to name a few )
( I know, there is a way cooler e-mail address coming soon )
A selection of works focused on some of the highlights of my career.
Creative Director / Photographer
- My proudest work to date! Food photography has become a mainstream phenomenon. Restaurants, food bloggers, home cooked meals, it’s #foodporn everywhere. In the mass of all these sharable photos, food tends to turn into something superficial.
Director / DOP
- Together with ElaN Languages, we tackled this inherent gender bias by updating their online translation tool with a new feature: The Unbias Button. Traditional gender-biased job titles are automatically updated with an unbiased alternative, hopefully contributing to a level playing field where everyone has the same opportunities and every industry has access to all the world’s talent.
Design / Art Direction / Photography
- At its core, Bernardus is only one thing. It is not a wine brand, a golf brand, or a brand of any other products or services you can think of. No, Bernardus is an experience brand. More than eating, drinking and golfing, Bernardus wants to give you something which once you have, you can never forget. Memories.
Photography ( PR )
- ING Bank has been building its credentials as an innovative bank. They wanted their innovative spirit to reflect in everything they do. So, when their brief for art and culture sponsorship came to the table, we decided to bring this forward-thinking approach to this relatively traditional area.
→SCHOOL FOR JUSTICE
Free A Girl
Visual Design / Art Direction
India has the most underage girls in prostitution in the world. Despite the magnitude of the problem, the amount of prosecutions against the criminals involved is incredibly low. Because of the reason that the perpetrators are not being punished, these crimes keep on happening. The School for Justice is a radical yet tangible solution to this deeply rooted problem. The aim of the school is to educate girls rescued from child prostitution to become lawyers and prosecutors with the power to take action against the criminals that once owned them
Design / Photography
- The Jimmy Nelson Foundation is using the power of the internet against itself by unleashing The Preservation Robot. An autonomous robot that fights back against Westernization by flooding the internet with images of indigenous cultures.
Art Direction / Lead Design
- F.I.R.E. is a unified Wunderman Thompson approach to create, discuss and measure inspiring work. It’s based on 4 simple criteria: Focus, Inspiration, Relevance and Effect. These 4 criteria form the basis of a new way to measure and judge work.
Art Direction / Photography
-ING has been supporting Dutch football for 20 years, both financially and with goals and balls. And not to forget: training vests. To celebrate that, J. Walter Thompson Amsterdam pays tribute to the vests in the latest TV commercial.
PERSHING / ITAMA
Lead Design / Art ditection
- You win some you lose some, and unfortunately this is one that got away. I was very proud of the work that we had done. The briefing was to refresh and renew their brands to a more modern and technochic world. A design language that spoke power, elegance and luxury.